- Assist Australia’s future natural resources.
- Study microbial communities & activities in modern & ancient environments.
- Establish new biochemical pathways in extant organisms.
- Participate in IODP & petroleum source rock characterisation projects.
- Study global anoxic events & mass extinctions of life.
- Develop novel tools.
- Study of climatic trends both past & present.
- Understand environmental sustainability (e.g. water, sediments, soil).
- Provide an ecology of modern lakes & coastal environments.
Our values are Interdisciplinary, Research Excellence, Collegial, Integrative, Collaborative, Reputation.